Below are a few resources to help you get started on researching your topic; these are by no means comprehensive lists, so you need to also branch out on your own and investigate your topic independently!
- Regarding poaching and the illegal wildlife trade:
- Regarding bio-molecular tools (tutorials):
Research Sites & Articles:
- Sites regarding poaching and the illegal wildlife trade:
- Articles & Sites regarding the use of bio-molecular tools:
- What is gel electrophoresis?
- Khan Academy: Gel Electrophoresis
- Genetics.Utah.edu: Can DNA Demand a Verdict?
- Genetics.Utah.edu: Conservation Genetics
- How DNA Could Help Catch Elephant Poachers
- Elephant DNA Map to Help Fight Poaching
- Genetic assignment of large seizures of elephant ivory reveals Africa’s major poaching hotspots
- Using DNA Forensics To Track Elephant Poachers
- Saving Wildlife with Forensic Genetics