Now that you’ve registered your team for BioExpo, follow the steps below to set up your Kenyan partnership:
1. Choose a topic from the list below, or choose another global issue that you think will have relevance to both you & your Kenyan partners. Suggested topics include:
- Drug Abuse
- Maternal Health
- Female Circumcision (FGM)
2. Review the SeaVuria Category Requirements for your project, so you have an idea of what will be expected of you.
3. Contact SeaVuria’s Director, MaryMargaret Welch, to set up a preliminary planning meeting for your project.
- E-Mail MaryMargaret at: email@example.com, Subject Line: Bio Expo 2018
- MaryMargaret will contact you with the following information:
- How & when your Kenyan Partnership will begin
- Where to access your shared Dropbox Folder for your project research
- Who your scientist mentor will be and when you will meet
4. Begin researching your project. For guidance, access the Research Starters on the SeaVuriaForStudents BioExpo page. Here you can access resources by topic and view previous Bio Expo presentations by students.
5. Keep an eye on your 2018 Timeline to keep up with your project requirements and your partnership. In January you will most likely have your first Google Hangout with your Kenyan Partners, and in February you will most likely meet with your scientist mentor. You may also wish to have a final Google Hangout with your partners prior to Bio Expo.
6. Complete all project requirements outlined in the SeaVuria Category Requirements. Project submission dates will be April 2 through April 22, 2018.